Member since April 2003

Peanut Butter Cups

What you need: 

1-1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter, reduced fat and creamy
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar

What you do: 

1. Cut the top half of the muffin cups to where they are about half the original height for 12 paper muffin cups.
2. Microwave the chocolate chips for about 2 minutes at 50% power in a glass or microwaveable bowl. Stir until creamy, you might need to microwave them a little more. Make sure you do not overcook them. Using a spoon or new paint brush spread the chocolate evenly within the muffin cups making sure you fill the crevices on the sides. Place the coated muffin cups in the freezer until the chocolate hardens.
3. In a bowl, combine the peanut butter and salt, then fold in the powdered vegan sugar. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute. Stir and allow to cool.
4. Spoon the peanut butter into the chocolate cups leaving a little room for the top layer of chocolate. You have the option of putting the top layer of chocolate on now or after the peanut butter has hardened in the freezer. Both ways work just as well in my opinion.
5. Place the cups in the freezer and wait an hour (or as long as you can).

Preparation Time: 
1 hour; Cooking time: 3 minutes
Cooking Time: 
3 minutes
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Het stadsbestuur is van plan om te herstellen van de verloren $ 13.000.000, volgens zijn beweringen, als gevolg van de daling toe te schrijven aan een "gecoördineerde actie" van politieagenten om te protesteren tegen het pensioenrecht 

Spellen Hack en Cheats

0 likes

I just made these and they were PERFECT! I wasn't expecting them to come out so well! I halved the recipe and made 12 candies in a mini-muffin tin, without any liners. They came out really easily. I mixed some coconut oil in with the melting chocolate to make it a bit smoother. I made my own powdered sugar by blending sucanat in my Magic Bullet until it turned into powder. Everything was fabulous. I had a little peanut butter left, but I also had a spoon, so I had no problems getting rid of the leftover peanut butter...

0 likes

I always use powdered sugar, that way its smooth and not grainy. :) Yummy!!

0 likes

TRES YUMMY! thank you very much for sharing this recipe. would definatly reccomend to anyone and will definatly make again, and again!  :)>>>

0 likes

i'm addicted ^-^

0 likes

I have made  this SO many times! I made these while babysitting a 15 year old and her friends, I made a few batches. I have made many varieties with different chocolates and peanut butter brands, and they're always a hit! I never cut the paper so they come out pretty large. I use a spoon to pour the chocolate in, it's pretty messy but fun  :> These are totally worth making!

0 likes

i halved the recipe and still got 9 cups out of it. thanks for making me fat. :-[

0 likes

So good, but I use my own recipe. Used with coconut oil , honey (or agave nectar) and raw cacao..yum! You could also add in some cocoa butter. 

0 likes

Made these tonight and they were SOOOO good!  I am so excited to share with them with everyone.  I was thinking that these could be a good quick and easy money maker for fundraisers & bake sales too since they don't cost too much to make.  I put them in mini muffin tins and found they make a perfect bite size.

0 likes

I made an enormous (8" pie pan) cup using this recipe, and it was amazing! 

My (non-vegan) mom had 3 slices.  I think she's sort of mad at me for making so much dessert, actually.  ::)
And my (also non-vegan) neighbor was over the second time I made it, and she told me she was going to make me walk over and cook for her every meal.  I'm slightly frightened and slightly flattered.

I added a dash of vanilla and a drizzle of maple syrup, which meant I had to add a but of sugar, and then about a tbsp of flour when I thought it was sweet enough but still wet.

I love Reese so much that for my first 1 1/2 weeks of veganism I was vegan-except-for-reese-cups since I couldn't bear to not finish off those last few... or few dozen... And I'd never thought I say this, but... 
BETTER THAN REESES.

0 likes

Pages